Hal,

I manually edited the UltBB.setup and had some success. What I mean is - I was able to go into Forum settings and create a couple of Forums. However; when I click on the Your UBB link, it will show the forums I created...but when I click on a forum - I get the following error.

"Unable to write thread summary file No such file or directory"

Also, even after manually editing the UltBB.setup file...I still can't go into the general settings area of the control panel and successfully save any settings. I get the following error message:

"Sorry, but we couldn't find a record for the UserName you entered. Please try again.
If you are configuring your bulletin board for the first time, this is probably due to the fact that you did not set the proper variable for your CGI Directory absolute path.

Use your Back button to try again."

I don't know...granted this installation is not working perfectly, but an awful lot of things are working...which makes me wonder if I really do have an absolute path issue. Especially since the Admin5 username and password seem to work in all of the other control panel areas.